Erwin Olaf Springveld
2 July 1959
Springveld is most famous for his commercial and personal work. He has been commissioned to photograph advertising campaigns for large international companies such as Levi's, Microsoft and Nokia. Some of his most famous photographic series include "Grief", "Rain", and "Royal Blood". Never one to shy away from controversy, Springveld's work is often daring and provocative. Humorously however, one of his early photographs was once expelled from a show on the basis of not containing nudity.
Springveld studied journalism in the School of Journalism in Utrecht. His work is shown in galleries and museums all around the world, for example at Wagner + Partner, Berlin; Flatland Gallery, Amsterdam; Hamiltons Gallery, London; Galerie Magda Danysz, Paris; Gallery Espacio Minimo, Madrid ; and many others.
- Anniversary Solo Show, Gemeente Museum The Hague & The Hague Museum of Photography, The Hague, The Netherlands
- Palm Springs Unseen, Flatland, Amsterdam
- Album 13 d'Indochine, Galerie Rabouan Moussin, Paris, France
- Human&Nature, Gallery Kong, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Erwin Olaf - Four Series, Centro de Arte Contemporaneo de Málaga, Málaga , Spain
- Cell of Emotions, National Art Gallery, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Homage Louis Gallait, The Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts, Moscow, Russia
- 2013 :
- The Dark Side, Rabouan Moussion Gallery, Paris
- "Works 2000 - 2010," Art Statements Gallery, Hong Kong
- "Erwin Olaf," Kong Gallery, Séoul
- "Short Stories," Wagner Gallery, Berlin
- "Erwin Olaf," Art Statements Gallery, Tokyo
- "Paradise the club," Rabouan Moussion Gallery, Paris
- "High Tension," Carbon, Dubaï
- "Captured senses," Cer Modern, Ankara
- "Erwin Olaf," Nordic Light International Festival of Photography, Kristiansund
- "Erwin Olaf Hotel," Magda Danysz Gallery, Paris
- "Erwin Olaf Hotel," Paris-Benijing Gallery, Pékin
- "Erwin Olaf - Recent Work," Hamiltons Gallery, Londres
- "Hotel, Dawn & Dusk," Hasted Kraeutler Gallery, New York
- 2009 :
- Dusk, Flatland, Amsterdam
- "Série Laboral Escena," Magda Danysz Gallery, Paris
- "Rain, Hope, Grief & Fall," Institut Netherlands, Paris
- "Darts of Pleasure," Domus Artium Museum, Salamanque
- "Moving Targets," Haifa Museum of Art, Haïfa
- "Profile of Erwin Olaf". Art Culture. June 5, 2008. Archived from the original on May 29, 2012. Retrieved 2010-09-12.
- "Erwin Olaf Profile". Bernstein & Andriulli. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- Carnick, Anna (February 3, 2010). "Checking In: Erwin Olaf". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-09-12.
- "Biography of Erwin Olaf" (PDF). Bernstein & Andriulli. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-28. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- "Erwin Olaf Awards and Exhibitions". artnet.com. Retrieved 2010-11-25.
- (in Dutch) Koning Willem-Alexander slaat nieuwe Nederlandse euromunten Archived 2014-01-13 at the Wayback Machine, Dutch government, 2013. Retrieved on 3 July 2014.
- "A CORPS PERDU, Kevin Frilet, Alma Har'el, Erwin Olaf, Benjamin Seroussi, Marie Vic". Magda Danysz (in French). Retrieved 2017-11-22.
- "ART & FASHION, Liu Bolin, Gael Davrinche, Erwin Olaf, Wang Keping". Magda Danysz (in French). Retrieved 2017-11-22.
- "Exposition Erwin Olaf - Berlin". Galerie Rabouan Moussion. Retrieved 2017-11-22.
- "Exposition Erwin Olaf - Waiting". Galerie Rabouan Moussion. Retrieved 2017-11-22.
- "Erwin olaf Hamiltons gallery". Archived from the original on 2013-03-13.